10 Delicious Keto Recipes That You'll Love
1. Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl
Photo from heyketomama
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (for searing chicken)
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 ounce can of Green Chiles
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced Pickled Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Roma Tomato
Add these extra ingredients (optional)
- In a pot or dutch oven over medium heat melt the coconut oil. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown.
- Pour in enchilada sauce and water then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Careully remove the chicken and place onto a work surface. Chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot. Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- To Serve, top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings. Feel free to customize these to your preference. Serve alone or over cauliflower rice if desired just be sure to update your personal nutrition info as needed.
2. Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
Photo from Taste of Home
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Marinara sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Process cauliflower in batches in a food processor until finely ground. Microwave, covered, in a microwave-safe bowl on high until tender, about 8 minutes. When cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze dry. Return to bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix cheeses together. Stir half of cheese mixture into cauliflower, reserving remainder. Combine next six ingredients; stir into cauliflower.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape cauliflower mixture into an 11x9-in. rectangle. Bake until edges are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Top with reserved cheese; bake until melted and bubbly, 10-12 minutes. Cut into 12 breadsticks. If desired, serve with marinara sauce.
3. Keto Pancakes
Are you craving real pancakes but are doing a strict low carb diet? Well these fluffy and light pancakes will do the trick and to help curb those carb cravings.
Photo by Delish
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Butter, for frying and serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, and lemon zest until smooth.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and cook until golden, 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve topped with butter.
4. Blackened Tilapia with Zucchini Noodles
Photo by Taste of Home
- 2 large zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Trim ends of zucchini. Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin strands.
- Mix cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, smoked paprika, pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle generously onto both sides of tilapia. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook zucchini with garlic over medium-high heat until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes, tossing constantly with tongs (do not overcook). Sprinkle with remaining salt. Serve with tilapia and pico de gallo.
5. Keto Pizza Margherita
Photo by Diethood
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cream cheese
- Almond flour
- Dried seasonings
Directions for pizza crust
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, we are going to cook the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese until they melt together.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let stand 30 seconds; stir in the almond flour, egg, and seasonings; you will need to stir until all is well combined.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment paper lined surface.
- Add another piece of parchment paper over the dough. Take a rolling pin and place over the top parchment paper; start rolling into a circle until the dough is thin and spread out to about 9 to 10 inches.
- Remove top parchment paper and slide the dough (with the bottom parchment paper attached) onto a baking sheet.
- Prick dough all over with a fork and pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- If you see any bubbles forming on top of the pizza crust, remove from oven, poke down with a fork, and continue to bake.
Once the the crust is done:
You’ll need some tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese slices, and fresh basil leaves.
- When pizza crust is done baking, remove from oven and let stand for a minute. Spread tomato sauce over the pizza crust and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 7 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pizza is bubbly.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh basil leaves, and serve.
Looking for more keto recipes to spice up your life? We recommend Suzanne Ryan's book of 100+ Easy Low Carb Recipes.
6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto No Bake Cookies
Photo by Peace Love and Low Carb
- ¼ cup creamy thick natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup creamy thick natural almond butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners erythritol, more to taste
- ¾ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, almond butter, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Add the butter, vanilla extract, cocoa powder. and erythritol. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the coconut. Mix until it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Drop 1 1/2 to 2 inch spoonfuls (10 total) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store extras in the freezer until ready to eat.
7. Keto Sugar-Free Cheesecake
Photo by Delish
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 6 oz. sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Stevia
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- sliced strawberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300°. Grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, and cover the bottom and edges with foil. In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, coconut, and butter. Press the crust into the bottom and a little up the sides of the prepared pan. Place the pan in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream together, then beat in the stevia and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Place cheesecake in a deep roasting pan and set on middle rack of oven. Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes, until it only slightly jiggles in the center. Turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven with the door slightly ajar to cool slowly for an hour.
- Remove pan from water bath and take off foil then let chill in the fridge for at least five hours or overnight. Slice and garnish with strawberries.
8. Keto Taco Bites
Photo by All Day I Dream About Food
- 1 lb O Organics grass-fed ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp O Organics salted butter melted
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces O Organics Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup O Organics salsa
- Other garnish such as O Organics sour cream, sliced olives or guacamole
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the beef until almost cooked through, breaking up the clumps with a wooden spoon. Add the taco seasoning and continue to sauté until completely cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and brush a good non-stick mini muffin pan with the melted butter. (You can also use silicone or parchment mini muffin liners, if you prefer - if your pan is not very non-stick, this is your best option). This recipe makes about 32 mini muffins so you may need to work in batches if you don’t have more than one mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the taco meat and 4 ounces of the shredded cheese. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups to about ¾ full and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 10 minutes. Use a thin flexible spatula to run around the edge of the muffins to release.
- Serve with your favourite taco toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
9. Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Photo by Peace Love and Low Carb
- ½ stick (2 oz) butter, very soft
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz) cream cheese, very soft
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Swerve Granulated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (binds ingredients)
- 3 large eggs (cold)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (last wet addition)
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons Swerve Granulated
- Preheat oven to 350°. Position oven rack to the lower third of the oven. Line a six cup muffin tin with paper liners. Add the dry ingredients together in a smaller bowl and whisk together to combine and break up any lumps.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and beat into the butter mixture until the mixture is light and fluffy (it may break or separate, it’s okay). Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated, making sure to keep that light, fluffy texture. Keep in mind that we want a light and fluffy – almost mousse-like texture throughout this process.
- Add another egg and beat until fully combined and the batter is fluffy. Add half of the remaining dry ingredients, beating again. Add the last egg, beating until fully incorporated, followed by the last of the dry ingredients. Finish by adding the heavy cream, once again, beating until the batter is thick, but still light and fluffy. Fold in the blueberries.
Filling the muffin tin
- Spoon the thick batter into a plastic zip-loc bag and snip off a corner, producing about a 3/4 inch hole. Place the snipped corner into a muffin liner and squeeze the batter into a fat, rounded mound, filling the muffin liner about 3/4 full. Repeat for each muffin liner, adding any remaining batter to those that need a little more. Knock down any peaks with your finger. Sprinkle about ¼ teaspoon of Swerve granulated over the top of each muffin to help prevent burning and to give the muffins a nice look.
- Place the muffins into the oven. Turn the oven up to 400° degrees for 5 minutes. Then, turn the oven back to 350° and bake the blueberry muffins for about 25 minutes more. They’re ready when they feel firm when lightly pressed with a finger, but still sound a little moist. Remove from the oven and let cool five minutes before gently removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack
10. Keto Shrimp Scampi
Photo by Ketogasm
- 2 summer squash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp deveined
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Cut summer squash into noodle shapes using a spiralizer tool. Spread noodles out on top of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 15-30 minutes. Blot the excess moisture away or lightly wring out with dry paper towels.
- In a saute or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken broth, lemon juice (or wine), and red chili flakes. Bring to a light boil, then add in shrimp. Simmer until shrimp begin to turn pink and reduce heat to low.
- Taste the sauce, then mix in salt and pepper to your liking. Add the summer squash noodles and parsley to the pan and toss to distribute the shrimp and coat the noodles in sauce. Remove from heat and serve.